Woodside Barn – Dorset
Sleeping 10 - 14 guests
Stag & hen parties are welcome outside of the school holidays
Looking for a beautiful countryside break in Dorset? Woodside Barn is the perfect choice for families, stags, hens or any kind of celebration. Nestled in the breath-taking Dorset countryside, this self-catering accommodation has everything you need to make your stay extra special. With a wide range of leisure facilities, Woodside Barn can provide an exciting yet relaxing must-need retreat from the outside world. Thinking of hosting an event here? This Party House can be tailored to your celebration, so let us know what you’re planning and we’d be happy to help.
If your group is slightly bigger, you may like to also rent Woodside House located next to Woodside Barn; providing it is also available.
- Spacious reception room with a large flat screen TV
- Shared indoor heated pool and hot tub
- Shared games room
- Event Hall available for rent
Reception Rooms, Dining & Kitchen
Woodside Barn comes with a large reception area with vaulted ceilings and large windows with views across the Dorset Gap toward Buckland Newton. With space for all 14 of your guests, this room is also equipped with a 42” flat screen television with Freeview. There are 2 extra lounge areas on the ground floor.
This venue is also perfect for those looking for a sten party house for rent as it comes with two well-equipped kitchens where you'll be able to prepare your favourite dishes or invite a caterer to come on-site instead.
- 1 x king bedroom with private whirlpool bathroom (2)
- 1 x one king bedroom with standard en-suite (2)
- 2 x en-suite family rooms each with a double bed and a single bed (6)
There is the option of sofa beds for an additional 4 guests.
All bedrooms come with a flat screen TV.
Entertainment (shared with the neighbouring properties):
- Indoor heated swimming pool (12.5m x 6m) with gym & sauna
- Outside communal hot tub
- Play area
- Games room with table football, full-size pool table, Megatouch (quiz machine), books, board games, puzzles, sofa
- Indoor activity suite with badminton, table tennis and garden games
- 3 coarse fishing lakes are all available for use all year round whilst staying at Woodside Barn (approx. 3 acres)
The Woodside Estate has 2 large event rooms, making it the perfect venue for a wide range of different events and functions from corporate meetings, large banquets, hen & stag activities, celebrations and more!
Enquire with us now for the availability and fee of the extra function room should you need it for the stay!
Unfortunately, due to the layout of the venue, Woodside Barn is not wheelchair accessible. There is, however, a downstairs shower room & WC, as well as sofa beds if required.
For more information on our accessible venues please visit our Accessibility page.
- Swimming Pool
- Fishing - Fly
- Hot Tub
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Gin & Whisky Tasting
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Rock Climbing
This countryside break in Dorset is surrounded by outstanding natural beauty. The lush landscape is filled with footpaths, bridleways and small roads, perfect for an afternoon summer’s walk. The traditional Dorset town, Sturminster Newton is located only 4 miles North of Woodside Barn, a number of fabulous local pubs and eateries are also nearby.
There is something for all groups and for all ages, from visiting The Tank Museum to Go Ape, Sea Life Adventure Park, Monkey World or exploring the coastal town of Weymouth for beaches, wildlife and watersports.
Pubs & Restaurants
- The Ibberton - Walking distance
- The Antelope Pub - Walking distance
- Fellini - Italian Restaurant & Takeaway - 3 miles
- The Halsey Arms - Pulham - 6 miles
- The Fox - 4.2 miles
The closest towns are Yeovil (16.9 miles), Bournemouth (29.1 miles) and Wymouth (25 miles).
Woodside Barn for 10 - 14 guestsBlandford Forum, Dorset, UK
Closest Train Station :
- Sherborne Station - 11.7 miles
Closest Airport :
- Bristol Airport - 50.3 miles
Nearby Town :
- Yeovil - 16.9 miles
- Bournemouth - 29.1 miles
- Wymouth - 25 miles
Booking process: 25% booking deposit & 75% balance due 10 weeks before your stay
Security deposit: £300 (not included in the price & taken by the owner directly)
Check-in and check-out: 4pm - 10am (please notify us if you will arrive after 6pm)
Chels Barn for 12 guests
- Near Macclesfield
- Midlands and the Peak District
- Sleeps: 12 Bedrooms: 6 Dining: 24
Oakhill Chapel for 16 - 21 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 16 - 21 Bedrooms: 6 Dining: 20
Ivystone House for 14 - 20 guests
- Chipping Sodbury
- South West
- Sleeps: 14 - 20 Bedrooms: 7 Dining: 18
Burrow Barn sleeps 15 - 17 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 15 - 17 Bedrooms: 7 Dining: 16
Chinese Elm Retreat for 12 guests
- South West
- Sleeps: 12 - 18 Bedrooms: 6 Dining: 32
Woodside House for 10 guests
- Blandford Forum
- South West
- Sleeps: 10 Bedrooms: 4 Dining: 10