Greenwood Manor for 20-26 guests
- South East
- Self Catering
- Sleeps 20 - 26
Dining For 26
Greenwood Manor - East Sussex
Sleeping 20 - 26 guests
The price of this venue is calculated based on 20 guests while the extra Wing for an extra 6 guests would be an additional cost.
The gem of the Greenwood Estate is the Greenwood Manor, a 3 floor vintage Party House in East Sussex. This historic manor sleeps 20 guests in 8 uniquelly-designed bedrooms while you can add the extra Wing to provide accommodation for an additional 6 guests. What makes this large group accommodation special is the oak beam ceilings, paneled rooms, and exceptional pieces of furniture. Entering the house would be through a dreamy porch protected by yews which opens into an oak-paneled hall with a beautiful 16th-century fireplace. That will lead you to walk on polished wood which marks the beginning of the beautiful wood-paneled dining room which has a vintage and cozy style. Moreover, this large Party House will give you the chance to clear your mind while gazing at the huge lawn spread which ends with enormous yew topiary ducks. Its private gardens, indoor swimming pool opened all year round, and jacuzzi will give you the relaxation you have always wanted.
There are 2 meeting rooms and a kitchen around this Party House:
- The large wood panelled dining room has a warm open firespace and a dining table. The dining table can seat 12 but could be extended to seat up to 26 guests.
- The TV-room would be perfect for you and your guests to relax or simply watch some of your favorite shows.
- The vintage kitchen is fully-equipped with all the necessary equipment you need. It also includes a microwave, a 4-door oil fired aga, a huge open working fireplace and it can seat at least 12 people.
Additionally, the Wing is eqipped with many more features:
- Sitting area with armchairs & sofas around a fireplace with a TV.
- A dining area accommodating 6 (if you have another Greenwood property booked, we can add an extra table accommodating 6 more - 12 in total)
- Small but fully equiped kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine, and tumble dryer.
The first floor has 5 bedrooms consisting of:
- 1 bedroom with a (1.2m) 4-poster bed
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds and folding z bed
- 1 bedroom with a (1.37m) double bed
- 1 bedroom with a (1.37m) double bed and a (91cm) divan in a small adjoining room
The second floor has 3 bedrooms consisting of:
- 1 bedroom with a (1.37m) double bed and a (76cm) divan
- 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds
- 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds and a (76cm) divan
The extra Wing (which comes at an extra charge):
- Large double bedroom furnished with a 6’ (1.8m) double divan base with two 3’ (91cm) single mattresses and 2’ x 3’ (61 x 91cmc) duvets. (The two mattresses can be joined to make a super king.)
- A 4’ (1.2 m) wall mounted fold down double bed.
- The 2 divans can be used as single beds.
Note: all divans are actual beds but without a head or a foot board. The main house feature 19 proper beds and an extra Z bed.
- A fun games room with a table tennis, football table, badminton rackets and more
- Full use of a shared indoor swimming pool opened all year round
- Full use of a shared jacuzzi
- Tennis court
The normal check-in time would be at 3pm and check out at 10am.
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Find below a list of activities and ideas that you can bring either to your Party House or do in the local area, for more detailed information on each visit our Activities and Ideas page.
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Greenwood Manor for 20-26 guestsHailsham, East Sussex,
Closest Train Station :
Lewes Train Station (10 miles)
Brighton Train Station (18 miles)
Closest Airport :
Gatwick Airport (33 miles)
Nearby Town :
Brighton (18 miles)
Eastbourne (13 miles)
Royal Tunbridge Wells (20 miles)
The Greenwood Manor dates back to the 14th century when it was established as a characteristic six-bay medieval timber-framed hall house. The Manor was built for or by John Jerfferay, who was thought to have run away with heiress Agnes Millward.
The north-east end consisted of a kitchen, pantry & buttery while the south-west end had a parlour with a steep staircase leading to the upper floor with a solar and bedchamber. The open fire in the centre of the main living room escaped through the louvres in the roof as there was no ceiling. The central hall was the liveliest part of the manor where the family sat on thrones, some of which are still prevalent.
Johns’ younger son added ceilings which enabled the construction of more rooms above. His grandson, Thomas added one more kitchen at the back and his great-grandson added a splendid fireplace in the front hall as well as 16th-century paintings that are now one of the most fascinating features of the house. He is also known to have made various other alterations. His great-great-grandson was the last Jefferay to live because his wife bore 2 daughters but sadly passed away at 25 and he never remarried.
For the next 250 years, the Manor acted as a tenanted farmhouse. The tenants made a number of improvements as well. For a more detailed history of this Manor, visit the Greenwood Estate history page.
Catweazle Manor for 16 guests
- South East
- Sleeps: 16 - 18 Bedrooms: 9 Dining: 18