Bryony House - Cumbria
Sleeps 28-31 guests
Bryony House is a charming, recently-renovated property situated on the foot of the Howgills in the scenic market town of Sedbergh. If you’re looking for holiday homes in Yorkshire Dales to spend some quality time with your family, or a venue for your corporate retreat, this house is perfect. Nestled on the edge of the stunning Lake District, this holiday accommodation in Cumbria provides you with the perfect base to explore this beautiful area. Enjoy enchanting, panoramic views from every room in this house, and a lovely blend of modern and conventional features. Decorated and furnished up to high standards, you will surely have an unforgettable stay. The property can accommodate 28 guests and is spread across 2 floors and gives you exclusive access meaning you will enjoy lots of privacy.
What makes this home extraordinary is the outside “den” which comes with seating, a pizza oven, BBQ, drinks fridge, a pool table, table tennis, and a darts board. This in combination with the two 8-seater hot tubs with countryside views makes sure you will never be idle at Bryony House. To top things up, there is fast WiFi all throughout the venue.
- "Den" with BBQ, table tennis, pool table, pizza oven, and darts board
- Two 6-seater hot tubs
- Fast WiFi
- Picturesque walking, cycling, and hiking routes
Reception Rooms and Kitchen
This holiday accommodation in Cumbria comes features a spacious open-plan ground-floor lounge with period features, wooden floors with underfloor heating, and gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. This room is tastefully decorated with comfy handmade sofas and large windows that bring in lots of light. There are open doors through the lounge to the TV room with an open wood fire to keep you toasty during the colder months. You can opt to have this venue catered or self-catered. There is a large commercial kitchen with a fridge/freezer, gas oven, hob, etc., and everything you would require to prepare your own meals. If you would rather have the venue catered, we can recommend some top-notch caterers or you are also welcome to bring your own.
On the first floor, there is also a library room in case you feel like some peace and quiet from the rest of the group.
This is one of our holiday homes in Yorkshire Dales that comes with 12 individually designed en-suite bedrooms. Moreover, there are 3 additional sofa beds which are perfect for families who want to sleep in the same room. All bedrooms come with bedding and towels.
Find the bedroom breakdown as follows:
(Ground floor - left-wing, off the dining room)
- Room 1 - twin (2 beds) with en-suite shower room
- Room 2 - double (1 bed) with en-suite shower room
- Ground floor right-wing (off the main lounge)
- Room 3 - twin (2 beds) with en-suite bath & shower room
- Room 4 - 4 bunks (4 beds) with en-suite bath & shower room
- Room 5 - twin (2 beds) with en-suite walk-in wet room. Room 5 is suitable for someone with a disability.
- Room 6 - twin with sofa bed (3 beds) with en-suite shower room
- Room 7 - twin with sofa bed (3 beds) with en-suite shower room
- Room 8 - double (1 bed) with en-suite bath & shower room
- Room 9 - double (1 bed) with en-suite shower room
Upstairs - right-wing (off the library)
- Room 10 - twin (2 beds) with en-suite bath & shower room
- Room 11 - 4 bunks (4 beds) with en-suite bath & shower room
- Room 12 - double with a day bed with open plan bathroom to the bedroom. The toilet is in a cubicle but the bath and shower are open).
This holiday accommodation in Cumbria comes with two 8-seater hot tubs under a canopy with gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. There is also a pool table, table tennis, darts board, and plenty of outside seating for an alfresco meal or party during the summer months. You could also have a BBQ or a pizza party as there is also a pizza oven. If you feel like leaving the house, the surrounding area is gorgeous and worth exploring. There are several picturesque walking, hiking, and cycling routes.
- Wine Tasting
- Cocktail Making
- Murder Mystery
- Gin & Whisky Tasting
- Hot Tub
- Mountain Biking
- Golf Courses
The Yorkshire Dales National Park is definitely worth exploring. With the most stunning of landscapes, walking, cycling, and hiking trails through this area are sought-after activities. The Lake District is also under a 15-minute drive and is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty worth a visit. To find free GPS-enabled walks, download the Yorkshire Dales National Park App and find over 30 mesmerising walking routes!
You can also visit the Farfield Mill, where you will find a restored Victorian woolen mill with exhibitions, demonstrations, workshops, a heritage centre, as well as a cafe.
If you want some local and regional food, visit The Sedbergh artisan market. They are held one Saturday a month during the warmer months. If you are in the mood for some golf, you will love the Sedbergh Gold Course, one of the best in Cumbria.
- Tesco - 12 miles
- Sainsbury's - 12 miles
- Morisson's - 12 miles
- The Red Lion - 1.2 miles
- Three Hares Cafe/Deli - 1.3 miles
- Smatt's Duo - 1.3 miles
Bryony House for 28 guestsSedbergh, Cumbria, UK
Closest Train Station :
- Oxenholme the Lake District
Closest Airport :
- Carlisle Lake District Airport (CAX) - 55 miles
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) - 61 miles
Booking fee: £65 (non-refundable)
Booking process: 25% booking deposit & 75% balance taken 10 weeks before the arrival date
Security deposit: £500 (not included in the price & taken by the owner)
Check-in & check-out time: 5pm -10am
- Dog (not allowed in bedrooms): £20.00 each
Southfield Farmhouse for 18 - 24 guests
- Sleeps: 18 - 24 Bedrooms: 8 Dining: 22
10% discount on all bookings! This offer lasts until the 18th December.
Barley House for 14 - 18 guests
- Sleeps: 14 - 18 Bedrooms: 5 Dining: 14
Bradshaw Hall for 22 - 30 guests
- West Yorkshire
- Sleeps: 22 - 30 Bedrooms: 9 Dining: 30
Pennines Country House for 22 - 30 guests
- Sleeps: 22 - 30 Bedrooms: 9 Dining: 24
Lakeside Hall for 21 guests
- Sleeps: 21 Bedrooms: 9 Dining: 24
Upper Denton House for 15 guest
- Sleeps: 15 Bedrooms: 7 Dining: 16
Yorkshire Stone House for 9 guests
- Sleeps: 2 - 9 Bedrooms: 4 Dining: 10