Healthy Meals for a Happier Life
We all want to live a long, successful, and happy life. In order to reach an old age in a healthy body and mind, eating and drinking healthy, besides exercising is key. Eating too many processed foods, drinking a lot of alcohol, smoking, lack of sleep, and high stress levels can ultimately result in weight gain, fatigue, and make you more susceptible to diseases. Moreover, eating healthy and leading a healthy lifestyle will eventually lead to a longer and happier life with increased productivity. Healthy meals can be absolutely delicious if you know how to execute them. Foods like quinoa, spinach, cauliflower, etc. may not sound as exciting as a big greasy pizza, but when prepared well, can taste even better!
In order to help you out, we have compiled a few recipes for delightful healthy meals and given you step-by-step instructions and ingredients to help you prepare them.
Cumin couscous salad
This delicious salad is filling and yummy and takes about 11-12 mins to fully cook and is rich in fibre, potassium, and vitamin C. Cumin has been known as a home remedy to cure digestion problems and relieve bloating and is also used to make medicine. Plus, it adds a lovely flavour to all healthy meals.
- 2-3 cups of cooked couscous (please note that this could be done with garlic and vegetable stock for more flavour)
- 1/4 of a red onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tomato (or half)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Chickpeas (optional)
- Pour the cooked couscous into a bowl with chopped onions and tomatoes. Mix with chickpeas.
- Add coriander leaves and give it another toss.
- Squeeze lemon, add balsamic dressing and olive oil and mix.
- Salt, pepper to taste and cumin to add the extra divine flavour.
Cauliflower rice with avocado
Cauliflower rice a lovely low-carb substitute to white rice. This vegetable has long known to fight inflammation and is a great source of Vitamin C. Furthermore, its rich in Vitamin K, proteins and magnesium. Avocados are filled with fibre and contain more potassium than bananas. This meal is not only healthy but also tastes delicious despite being extremely low in carbs.
- 250 g grated cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/butter
- Chopped up cloves of garlic (2-3)
- 1 avocado (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- Mint leaves for taste
- Mustard seeds
- Half radish thinly sliced
- Cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Chilli powder
- Pour olive oil or butter on a hot pan and add cut garlic, spring onions and grated cauliflower. Cover with a lid so it cooks in its own steam.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, chilli powder, and mustard seeds to your taste. Stir.
- Once the cauliflower looks brownish, taste a little to see if its cooked or needs more spices.
- Add a pinch of turmeric for colour. Let it simmer.
- Pour cut avocado into a big bowl. Add cauliflower rice to the bowl. Add sliced radish, cooked chickpeas and coriander leaves. Season with salt, pepper, chilli powder and cumin.
- Finally, squeeze lemon juice and add mint leaves. Serve.
Sit-fry chicken with kale
If you are in search of healthy meals that taste divine, you will be happy to know you can make one right in your Party House. This dish, yummy and rich in protein, vitamins A, B, C, and K, will become your favourite meal once you’ve tasted it. We assure you that you are likely to devour the meal once it’s prepared.
- 460 g chicken
- 1 large bunch kale with stems removed
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Ginger (small piece peeled)
- Half onion (cut small)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Half lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/butter
- Put olive oil or butter on a hot pan. Add chopped onions and garlic until onions are slightly caramelised.
- Add chicken until golden brown and keep stirring. Add some ginger for taste.
- Cook kale leaves for about 4 minutes in boiling water and then add to pan.
- Season it: add mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon, 2-3 drops of honey. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
Now that you have learnt how to prepare these lovely healthy meals, you can bring restaurant-quality healthy food to your household and share these recipes with your friends. Show off your cooking skills while staying at one of our Party Houses in the fully-equipped kitchens and large dining areas. Time to shed those extra pounds by eating clean!
Follow us on social media: