3-Course DIY Christmas Dinner Menu
And the countdown begins! Christmas is less than a month away and the preparations are in full swing. People are putting up decorations, fairy lights, and the most Christmas spirit inducing factor – the Christmas tree! Decorated stores, Christmas carols, and the smell of the Christmas treats never fail to put smiles on people’s faces. Soon it will be time to host a Christmas dinner so that family members and dear friends can come under one roof and have a good laugh while attempting to make this Christmas better than the last.
I bet you’re thinking – what could I cook to make this Christmas dinner better than the one Margaret hosted last year? Well, we are here to help you create the most delicious 3-course Christmas dinner menu. We assure you that it will leave your guests awestruck and chatting about it for months after. Do not be too surprised when your guests praise your culinary skills. While you and your guests enjoy this delicious food, play some Christmas tunes to make the mood even more Christmassy!
Garlic Chicken Crescent Wreath
Inspired by: Taste of Home
I know what you’re thinking…YUM!
What do I need to cook this?
- Refrigerated crescent rolls (2 tubes for 10 guests)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3-4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2/3 cup of undiluted condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 big broccoli (add one more for every 10 guests)
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers (sweet – add 1/2 more for every 10 guests)
- 3/4 cup shredded or cubed cooked chicken (add more chicken if you have more guests)
- Chopped onions to your taste
How to prepare it?
- Bring out a pizza pan and place the rolls with the pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and the thick ends overlapping each other.
- Add a mix of all the other ingredients onto the rolls. Season lightly with salt, pepper, mustard seeds, and paprika. Fold the pointed ends over the filling.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
What we like: We love how easy this is to implement and the mouthwatering outcome if done right! Furthermore, the simplicity of this dish is charming and the outburst of flavours in your mouth with every bite is praiseworthy. Time to impress your guests with this delightful appetizer!
Cauliflower Casserole for Christmas
Inspired by: Tase of Home
What do I need?
- 2 cauliflower heads (10 people)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1.5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Walnuts to your taste
How to prepare it?
- Add cauliflower to a buttered up pan and sautée until its golden brown. Then, preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix the sour cream, cheese, bouillon, lemon, cumin, paprika and mustard until its well blended. Add to cauliflower and make sure all the cauliflower has herb paste on it. Place on a baking pan that has been buttered up.
- In a large pan, add butter and add walnuts and stuffing mix and cook until its slightly roasted. Sprinkle on the cauliflower. Then, place it in the oven without cover for 15-20 minutes until the top is brown.
What we like: We love the uniqueness of this dish and the delicious choice of ingredients. Moreover, cook this for your guests, and get ready to be tagged with a new nickname in your group – the chef!
Gingerbread man cookies
Inspired by Taste of Home
D-E-L-I-O-U-S and perfect to ignite everyone’s Christmas spirit and bring the family together.
What do I need?
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Frosting of choice
How to prepare it?
- The butter and sugar need to be creamed until it’s light and fluffy. Beat in the maple syrup, egg and water. Pick another bowl and beat the remainder of the ingredients except the frosting. Slowly, add to the creamed mixture. After dividing dough in half, refrigerate until its easy to handle which should be about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly flour a surface and roll each portion of dough in 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with a floured gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place them 2 inches apart on a buttered up baking sheet.
- Bake until it rises for about 8-10 minutes. Decorate with frosting just the way you like.
What we like: We love that kids will be able to help out with this one and also jump with the excitement and anticipation of how it will turn out. This would bring the entire family together to prepare and create a delightful Christmas dessert!
Now that you know how to prepare a fantastic 3-course Christmas dinner, start deciding who is going to be lucky enough to be on the guest list. For more Christmas dinner recipes, click here.
If you are looking for venues to celebrate this year’s Christmas, check out our available Christmas Party Houses. Do not hesitate to contact us for recommendations and any enquiries. We’re always here to help!
Follow us on social media: