Home / Planning Your Visit / All Welcome / Hamps Barn Access /
Access Statement for Hamps Barn
Hamps Barn is a lovely large barn conversion. It has very large reception rooms and 4 ground floor bedrooms. There are also three ground floor bathrooms; all equipped with emergency help cords. One is a fully disability featured wet room with hand rails and a plastic shower stool is available (please let us know in advance). All downstairs rooms are accessible without steps.
· Lots of information is held on partyhouses.co.uk.
· Bookings can be made by calling 01260 226609
· We can offer the use of a Deaf Guard system for guests who are hard of hearing and unlikely to hear the fire alarm system. This is placed under your pillow at might and will vibrate and lights flash should the fire alarms go off. Please let us know before arrival if you wish to borrow the Deaf Guard.
· A telescopic ramp can be provided - please book in advance. It is a 7 foot twin ramp, overall width 260mm (each), useable width (internal each) 200mm, load maximum 230 kgs with a 65mm edge. They are made of strong aluminium with a black non slip covering suitable for heavy wheelchairs and scooters.
· Hire of additional mobility equipment can be arranged through Moorland Mobility (who will also deliver and collect). Please call Malcolm on 01538 381515 (closed Sundays) or visit moorlandmobility.co.uk. Alternatively the local Red Cross also have some equipment for loan free of charge.
· In Leek there are accessible toilets (on RADAR key schemes) in Silk Street, Leek Bus Station and in the council offices at Moorlands House off Stockwell Street
· There is a Shop Mobility Scheme at The Potteries Shopping Centre in Hanley, Stoke on Trent and also in Macclesfield
· The nearest shops are in Leek (c 7 miles) or Ashbourne (c7 miles) but Tesco.com and peakdistrictfinefoods.co.uk (local farmers market on wheels) will both deliver.
· There is a local shop and post office in Waterhouses (c ˝ mile) for basic provisions
· The nearest train station is Stoke on Trent (London Euston c 1hour 35 minutes)
· There are usually accessible taxis at the station
· Alternatively travel to Macclesfield Station and catch the bus from Macclesfield to Ashbourne which stops in Rushton Spencer (c 2 miles)
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
· To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 3.30pm. earlier arrival may be possible by prior arrangement
· There is plenty of free parking outside the Barn on the flat gravel driveway
· The road to the property is narrow and can be bumpy but it is large enough for coaches and minibuses to use and turn around in front of the Hall (large vehicles enter via Waterfall village end - the road is narrower and steeper from Waterhouses)
· There is outside lighting as night which lights up on sensitivity of movement
Main Entrance and Reception
· There are several entrances to Hamps Barn
· All entrances can be parked immediately outside
· The main entrance (in the corner of Hamps Barn) is reached via a very gentle slope.
· There is a second door (89cm wide) which has a small step(at the base of the main staircase) and can also be parked closely outside
· The third entrance door gives access to the main living room (door width 74cm) and also just has a storm lip (c 2cm) and no steps
· The entrance hall floor is of oak flooring with fitted door mats
· There is a door to the rear garden with weatherboard lip of c 2cm, beyond this door is a gravel patio.
· There are no lifts
· There are no public phones, but mobile reception is available on all networks (although sometimes you have to move around the property to optimise reception)
· Lighting varies by room. Most rooms have central pendants. The kitchen is lit by spotlights.
· All exit routes, including staircases and hallways, have emergency lighting which is either will come on in the event of a power failure
· The two staircases are both carpeted and have handrails. The main staircase is 88cm width with a 74cm doorway at the bottom of the stairs. The secondary staircase (to two double bedrooms, on the first floor only) has turns and is 78cm wide
· There is a 74cm diagonal corridor from the kitchen to the living room, via the snug, with a gentle slope
· Both hallways are painted white
· A baby bath and child steps to reach sinks are provided
· There are two (non ensuite) bathrooms on the ground floor with toilets. One opens onto the corridor by the two ground floor twin bedroom and the other onto the living room
· Both have panic cords fitted without alarms showing outside of the bathroom
· The dining room has three doors into it – via the hallway lobby at the rear of the kitchen (width 80cm) this has a small ramp up to it, the rear garden (door width 80cm) and through to the Games Room/Lobby in Hamps Hall (width 70cm) with two steps up (height 18 and 19cm respectively, with a step width of 33 cm) . This door is locked if the properties are rented separately.
· The floor is oak. The 4 large round dining tables measures187cm across. The height of the under space of the table is 67cm from the floor and the table is 70cm high.
· Chairs (all moveable) there are 40 chairs with leather seats and no arms. The chairs are 48cm high
· This is accessed via the snug (door 82cm wide) and an outside door (94cm wide) to the gravel courtyard
· Flooring is of oak and rugs.
· Leather sofas and easy chairs are provided as well as stools and poufs . All are leather and vary in seat height.
· Teletext TV is provided with remote control as well as DVD player and Freeview
· There is a doorway to a twin bedroom and disabled featured wet room at the far end of the living room
· This is accessed via the main living room (door 82cm wide), kitchen (door width 74cm) and an outside door (94cm). There is also a door to the downstairs twin room (91cm wide)
· The Snug has an oak floor with fitted matting by the outside and kitchen doors. Three is a gentle slope up to the kitchen
· A sofa is provided
· An Xbox player, books, games, dressing up box and dolls house are provided
· A domestic washer/dryer is provided in the kitchen
· They are both front loading
· An iron and ironing board is provided
· There are nine bedrooms at Hamps Barn
· Ground Floor - 4 twin bedrooms
· First Floor from Main Staircase - 1 twin, 2 triples (with 3 single beds)
· First Floor (via second staircase) - 2 doubles with ensuite shower/bathrooms
· All first floor bedrooms are carpeted (with radiators), all ground floor bedrooms have oak flooring and rugs (with underfloor heating)
· Non feather duvets and pillows are provided in each room
· Extra blankets and pillows are available
· There is a wardrobe, drawers and mirrors in every bedroom
· White bed linen and towels are provided free of charge
· All mattresses are luxury handmade mattresses
· Twin (adjacent to wet room) – door width 79cm. Two 90cm single beds with a height from the floor to top of mattress of 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 92cm.
· Corner Twin (off Snug Hallway) – door width 80cm. Two 90cm single beds, with a height from the floor to top of mattress of 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 1m 45cm. This bedroom has an ensuite shower room
· End Twin off rear Hallway – door width 81cm. The two 90cm single beds have a height from floor to top of mattress at 60cm. Largest transfer space to side of bed is 75cm.
· Middle Twin off rear Hallway – door width is 72cm. There are two 90cm single bed; height to top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1m
· The fire brigade suggest that anyone with a hearing or visual impairment doesn’t sleep in higher bedrooms to ensure speed of escape if necessary.
· From Main Staircase: (NB there are some beams on this hallway which may require some guests to duck)
· Family Room – 72cm door width. There are three 90cm single beds, with a height to top of mattress of 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 60cm. There is a feature (non working) fireplace in this room and a door to the outside (via outside stone steps)
· Twin - door width 70cm. Two 90cm single beds; height from floor to top of mattress 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 80cm.
· Family Room - door width 70cm. Three 90cm single beds; height from floor to top of mattress is 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 60cm. There is an ensuite bathroom off this bedroom
From Secondary Staircase:
· Smaller Double - door width 70cm. One double bed, height from the floor to the top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of bed is 80cm. There is a small ensuite shower room
· Double - door width 72 cm. One double bed; the height to the top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1m40cm. There is an ensuite bathroom off this bedroom
· There are three bathrooms on the ground floor and four bathrooms on the second floor
· All bathrooms have floors that are tiled. There is good colour contrast between walls, and floor.
Ground Floor Bathrooms
· Wet room - off far end of living room. Door width 80cm. Small basin 75cm high with easy use taps, wet room shower with no shower tray. The toilet has easy flush fittings and is 48cm high to the seat (with no seat cover). There are three grab rails and an emergency help cord pull.
· The ensuite shower room to the twin bedroom off the Snug Hallway has a shower cubicle (with a step up to the shower tray of 18cm), a toilet (43cm high to seat) and basin (height 80cm). The door width is 80cm. There is an emergency help pull cord.
· The third bathroom on the ground floor is shared by two twin bedrooms. It has a door width of 73cm. It has a bath with shower over it 59 cm high, a toilet 42cm to the seat and a basin 87cm high. There is good colour contrast between fittings and tiled floor. There is an emergency help pull cord.
First Floor Bathrooms
· The first floor ensuite shower room to the smaller double has a door width of 60cm, a shower with shower tray 34cm high, a toilet 42cm to the seat and a small basin 84cm high. It has a feature stone wall with the original house tie and a blue tiled floor
· The second bathroom is ensuite to the larger double bedroom. This bathroom has a bath with shower over it (56cm high) with a basin 80cm high and toilet and tiled flooring. There is good colour contrast between walls, fittings and floor. Door width 70cm.
· The ensuite bathroom off the triple bedroom has a basin (85cm high), toilet (42cm) and bath with shower over (56cm high). The floor is tiled and there is good colour contrast between fittings and floor. Door width 74cm
· The 7th bathroom is accessed via the first floor hallway and has a bath with shower over (56cm high), a basin 86cm high and toilet 43cm high to the seat.
· The kitchen has three entrances; from the snug room (door 74cm wide), and main staircase (door 74cm wide), and to the rear hallway with the door to the dining room (80cm wide) just off the kitchen in this hallway.
· The floor is tiled. There is a good colour contrast between walls, cupboards and other surfaces
· The fitted units have solid oak doors and granite work surfaces (worktop height is 92cm)
· The kitchen has 2 double ovens and 2 four ring electric hobs
· There is plenty of china, cutlery and glassware for all guests
· A large American fridge/freezer is provided which can be used to store medication (highest shelf in fridge is 1m45cm and the lowest drawer is 40cm). A second fridge is also provided
· The kitchen contains a washer/dryer, range oven and 5 ring electric hob, and microwave
· There is no shop available on site
· A Post Office and also a local stores is in Waterhouses c ˝ mile away
· The nearest bigger shopping centre is Leek (c 7 miles) or Ashbourne (c 7 miles), with four supermarkets, Boots, WH Smith and most other requirements catered for.
· There is a limited mobility scheme – see Pre Arrival section
· There are table football and air hockey tables in a screened off area at one end of the very large dining room
· The garden has a large gravel patio. There is a door from the property into the garden, which does not involve steps
· The garden is mature, with flowers and lawn, and large mature trees
· All guests are welcome to use the garden
· Chairs and tables and BBQ are available
· The house has fire alarms throughout
· There emergency lighting on all exit routes and stairwells
· There are fire extinguishers on all landing and in kitchens
· There is strictly a no smoking, no fireworks and no candle policy. You may smoke in the garden. Three are sand pots provided for used cigarette ends
· There are comprehensive information folders provided in the property
· Mobile phone reception is ok
· Please note that the layout may be subject to change
Telephone 01260 226609
Address Hamps barn at Hamps Hall, Rocester Lane, Waterfall, Waterhouses, Staffordshire Moorlands, ST10 3 JG
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you do have any comments please phone 01260 226609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively please complete the Forms in the house). Many thanks.
Enjoy the beautiful Peak District National Park in the heart of England - so much to see and do!Welcome »
Celebrate splendidly whatever the occasion: birthdays, hen/stag parties, reunions, anniversaries, etcWelcome »
Exclusive use venues for your team at great value prices!Welcome »