Home / Planning Your Visit / All Welcome / Roaches Hall Access /
Roaches Hall Access
This large self catering house is a Victorian Hunting Lodge built in 1876. It has interesting architectural features including some wonderful high ceilings and slightly uneven floors. We have tried to make it as visitor friendly for all our guests as possible and have built a ground floor bedroom with ensuite wet room suitable for access for those with limited mobility. However, there are two steps up to the outside of the property (once inside, the ground floor living rooms all have flat level access).
· Lots of information is held on partyhouses.co.uk.
· Bookings can be made by calling 01260 226609
· We can offer the use of a Deaf Guard system for guests who are hard of hearing and unlikely to hear the fire alarm system. This is placed under your pillow at might and will vibrate and lights flash should the fire alarms go off. Please let us know before arrival if you wish to borrow the Deaf Guard.
· A telescopic ramp can be provided - please book in advance. It is a 7 foot twin ramp, overall width 260mm (each), useable width (internal each) 200mm, load maximum 230 kgs with a 65mm edge. They are made of strong aluminium with a black non slip covering suitable for heavy wheelchairs and scooters.
· Hire of additional mobility equipment can be arranged through Moorland Mobility (who will also deliver and collect). Please call Malcolm on 01538 381515 (closed Sundays) or visit moorlandmobility.co.uk. Alternatively the local Red Cross also have some equipment for loan free of charge.
· In Leek there are accessible toilets (on RADAR key schemes) in Silk Street, Leek Bus Station and in the council offices at Moorlands House off Stockwell Street
· There is a Shop Mobility Scheme at The Potteries Shopping Centre in Hanley, Stoke on Trent and also in Macclesfield
· The nearest shops are in Leek (c 4 miles) but Tesco.com and peakdistrictfinefoods.co.uk (local farmers market on wheels) will both deliver
· The nearest train station is Stoke on Trent (London Euston c 1hour 35 minutes)
· There are usually accessible taxis at the station
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
· To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 3.30pm. earlier arrival my be possible by prior arrangement
· There is plenty of free parking outside the Hall on the gravel driveway which slopes gently
· Cars can be parked immediately outside the second front door, with plenty of room for access to the vehicle
· The driveway to the front of the property is an unadopted drive and can be bumpy but it is large enough for coaches and minibuses to use and turn around in front of the Hall
· There is outside lighting as night which lights up on sensitivity of movement
· The pathway to the main front door has two steps
Main Entrance and Reception
· The main entrance is reached via two steps
· Inside the front door entrance (door width 100cm) there is a hallway (minimum width 2m 10cm) leading to downstairs toilet, living room, second living room, kitchen, double bedroom and dining room. There is a further door through to two other ground floor bedrooms (accessed via two steps up). The main stair case rises from the hallway (staircase width 99cm)
· The entrance hall floor is tiled.
· There is a door to the rear garden with weatherboard lip of c 2cm, and wooden steps down, beyond this door is a stone patio.
· There is a further rear exit with worn uneven stone steps to an outside courtyard
· There are no lifts
· There are no public phones, but mobile reception is available on all networks (although sometimes you have to move around the property to optimise reception)
· Lighting varies by room. Most rooms have central pendants.
· All exit routes, including staircases and hallways, have emergency lighting which is either on all the time (staircases) or will come on in the event of a power failure
· The two staircase is both carpeted and has handrails. The staircase is 99cm width with turns.
· There is are two steps up to two bedrooms on the ground floor (a double and quad) - step heights 23 cm
· There is one small ground floor toilet
· Both hallways are painted cream
· A baby bath and child steps to reach sinks are provided
· The downstairs toilet has limited space a 65cm door width and 50cm width at its narrowest point inside.
· The toilet is 46cm high to the seat.
· There is a further basin and toilet in the ensuite wet room access from the ground floor double bedroom (with wide entrances and turning space)
· There is a large wash basin 84 cm high
· The door opens onto the hallway
· The dining room has one entrance doors into it – via the hallway (width 90cm).
· The floor is wooden. There are 3 round dining tables measure. The height of the under space of the table is 74cm from the floor and the table is 77cm high.
· Chairs (all moveable) there are 25 chairs with leather seats and no arms. The chairs are approximately 44cm high
· This is accessed via the hallway (door 90cm wide)
· Flooring is luxury carpet.
· Sofas and easy chairs are provided as well as stools and poufs
· Freeview and Teletext TV is provided with remote control as well as DVD player
Second Living Room
· This is accessed via the main hallway (door 80cm wide)
· The Music Room has a tiled floor with rugs
· Sofas and easy chairs are provided which are moveable for up to 9 guests
· A Hifi and TV and Xbox console are provided, together with many games and a dressing up box for the children
· The Snug is accessed via the main hallway and through to the other two ground floor bedrooms
· It has short pile carpet and a table football game
· A domestic washer/dryer is provided in both kitchens
· They are both front loading
· An iron and ironing board is provided
· There are 1 bedrooms at Roaches Hall
· Ground Floor – 2 double, 1 family (quad)
· First Floor – 3 double, 3 twin, 1 family (Quad) and 1 single
· Most bedrooms are carpeted (the ground floor family and double bedroom have wooden floors with rugs)
· Non feather duvets and pillows are provided in each room
· Extra blankets and pillows are available
· There is a hanging space or wardrobe, chests of drawers and mirrors in every bedroom
· White bed linen and towels are provided free of charge
· Ground Floor Double with accessible wet room ensuite– door width 85cm. The double bed height from floor to top of mattress 60 cm. Largest transfer space to side of bed is 1m70cm.
· Ensuite Wet room has an 80cm wide door. The hand basin is 71cm high and toilet seat is 48cm high. There are handrails to the side of the toilet and both sides of the hand basin and shower. There is a level floor with no raised shower tray.
· There are two steps up to the hallway off which lead the following two annex bedrooms. Step heights 23 cm each.
· Annex Double – door width 70cm. One double bed with a height from the floor to top of mattress of 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 1m.
· Annex Quad – door width 70cm. Four 90cm single beds, with a height from the floor to top of mattress of 60cm. Largest transfer space to side of bed is 3m.
Lower Ground Floor
· Access to the Lower Ground Floor is from the rear hallway. The doorway at the top of the stairway is 80cm wide. Then there are 13 steps down. The lower hallway is 90cm at its narrowest point.
· There is one further step down and then 3 steps up! (Maximum is 22cm step height)
· Twin Bedroom – the door is 70cm wide with one step up at 7cm. The maximum space at the side of the bed is 95cm
· The Ensuite Wet Room to the Twin Bedroom has a door width of 70cm with a 43cm WC height and 84cm Basin height, The shower is accessed without and further steps or barriers.
· Double Bedroom – the door is 70cm wide with one step up of 20 cm. The maximum space to side of the bed is 170cm
· The Ensuite Wet Room to the Double bedroom has a door width of 70cm with a 43cm WC height and 84cm Basin height, The shower is accessed without and further steps or barriers
· Family Room –the door leading into this room is from main hallway – 83cm width. There are four 90cm single beds, all have a height to top of mattress of 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1m60cm
· Ensuite Shower room- door 70 cm wide. Heights of fittings: toilet seat 44cm, hand basin 83 cm, shower tray lip 9cm
· Single – door width 75cm from main staircase landing. There is one 90cm single bed; height to top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1m10cm. This bedroom has an ensuite shower and separate toilet and basin
· Ensuite Shower (in room shower lip is 9cm high), Basin 89 cm high and toilet 51 cm high
· Four Poster Double - door width 78cm from hallway. There is one double bed; this is a high bed with the height to top of mattress of 85cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1m50cm.
· Terracotta Double - door width 70cm.. One double bed; height from floor to top of mattress is 60cm. Largest transfer space to the left hand side of bed is 80cm.
· Green/Red Twin - door width 80cm. There are two single 90cm beds 60cm high to top of mattress.
· Ensuite bathroom with hand basin, bath and toilet. Door width 65 cm
· Lilac Twin - door width 80 cm. There are two single 90cm beds 60cm high to top of mattress. Largest transfer space to side of bed is 1m 10cm
· Ensuite shower room with hand basin, shower and toilet. Door width of 60cm.
· Turret Room Double - door width 70cm. One circular double bed; height from floor to top of mattress is low at 47cm, width across widest part of bed is 200cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 65cm.
· Twin - door width 70cm. Two single beds, height from the floor to the top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of bed is 60cm.
· There are 4 ensuite and 2 family bathrooms on the first floor and 2 shower rooms on the ground floor
· The first floor bathrooms both have baths, toilets and WC. One is next to both the double and four poster double bedrooms. The basin is 80cm high. The floor is vinyl. There is good colour contrast between walls, and floor. The door width is 73cm
· The second bathroom is shared by the Turret room and next door twin bedroom (door width 75cm). It has a bath 59 cm high with a shower over and a basin 80cm high. There is good colour contrast between fittings and floor
· There are two shower rooms on the ground floor
· One is ensuite wet room previously described
· The two annex bedrooms share a shower room with basin (84cm high), toilet and shower (shower tray lip 9cm high). The floor is vinyl and there is good colour contrast between fittings and floor.
· The kitchen has two entrance doors from the second living room (80cm door width), hallway (80cm wide)
· The floor is tiled. There is a good colour contrast between walls, floors, cupboards and other surfaces
· The fitted units have solid oak doors and have granite work surfaces (worktop height is 91cm)
· There is plenty of china, cutlery and glassware for all guests
· A large American fridge/freezer is provided which can be used to store medication (highest shelf in fridge is 1m52cm and the lowest drawer in freezer is 54cm)
· The kitchen contains a washer/dryer, double oven and hob, and microwave
· There is no shop available on site
· The nearest shopping centre is Leek, with four supermarkets, Boots, WH Smith and most other requirements catered for.
· There is a limited mobility scheme – see Pre Arrival section
· There is a small snug room with table football
· The garden has some steps to some sections. It slopes on a slight hill. There is a rear doors from the property into the garden, which involve steps. Alternatively the garden can also be accessed via the front door
· There is a patio outside which can be accessed without using steps
· All guests are welcome to use the garden. There is an additional 8 acres of fields and woodlands (with paths) for guests use
· Sun loungers, chairs and tables are available
· The house has fire alarms throughout
· There emergency lighting on all exit routes and stairwells
· There are fire extinguishers on all landing and in kitchens
· There is strictly a no smoking and no candle policy. You may smoke in the garden. Three are sand pots provided for used cigarette ends
· No fireworks are allowed under any circumstances as there is livestock in nearby fields
· There are comprehensive information folders provided in the property
· Mobile phone reception is ok
· Please note that the layout may be subject to change
Telephone 01260 226609
Address Roaches Hall, Upper Hulme, Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands, ST13 8UB
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you do have any comments please phone 01260 226609 or email email@example.com (alternatively please complete the Forms in the house). Many thanks.
Enjoy the beautiful Peak District National Park in the heart of England - so much to see and do!Welcome »
Celebrate splendidly whatever the occasion: birthdays, hen/stag parties, reunions, anniversaries, etcWelcome »
Exclusive use venues for your team at great value prices!Welcome »