Home / Planning Your Visit / All Welcome / Chels Barn Access /
Chels Barn Access Statement
Chels Barn is a lovely barn conversion. It has a large reception room, a dining room to seat 20 and kitchen and 3 ground floor bedrooms and 2 ground floor wet rooms. Upstairs there are a further 3 bedrooms and 2 bath/shower rooms. There are several steps down on the ground foor between the living room and dining room and again between the dining room and kitchen, therefore not making this an ideal choice of Party House if you or your guests have limited mobility - Toft Barn may be a better choice...
· Lots of information is held on partyhouses.co.uk.
· Bookings can be made by calling 01260 226609
· We can offer the use of a Deaf Guard system for guests who are hard of hearing and unlikely to hear the fire alarm system. This is placed under your pillow at might and will vibrate and lights flash should the fire alarms go off. Please let us know before arrival if you wish to borrow the Deaf Guard (free of charge).
· A telescopic ramp can be provided - please book in advance. It is a 7 foot twin ramp, overall width 260mm (each), useable width (internal each) 200mm, load maximum 230 kgs with a 65mm edge. They are made of strong aluminium with a black non slip covering suitable for heavy wheelchairs and scooters. It is your responsibility to ensure that the ramp is suitable for your purposes before use. (Free of charge)
· We can also provide a plastic bathing stool for use in the wet room shower. Again, please let us know before arrival. (Free of charge).
· Hire of additional mobility equipment can be arranged through Moorland Mobility (who will also deliver and collect). Please call Malcolm on 01538 381515 (closed Sundays) or visit moorlandmobility.co.uk. Alternatively the local Red Cross also have some equipment for loan free of charge.
· In Leek there are accessible toilets (on RADAR key schemes) in Silk Street, Leek Bus Station and in the council offices at Moorlands House off Stockwell Street
· There is a Shop Mobility Scheme at The Potteries Shopping Centre in Hanley, Stoke on Trent and also in Macclesfield
· The nearest shops are in Leek (c 7 miles) but Tesco.com and peakdistrictfinefoods.co.uk (local farmers market on wheels) will both deliver
· The nearest train station is Stoke on Trent (London Euston c 1hour 35 minutes)
· There are usually accessible taxis at the station
· Alternatively travel to Macclesfield Station and catch the bus from Macclesfield to Ashbourne which stops in Rushton (c 2 miles)
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
· To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 3.30pm. Earlier arrival my be possible by prior arrangement
· There is plenty of free parking outside Toft Barn on the gravel driveway which slopes gently
· Cars can be parked immediately outside the door into the iving room, with plenty of room for access to the vehicle
· There is outside lighting as night which lights up on sensitivity of movement
· There is flat access to Chels Barn via a door with no steps. A car can drive right up to this door.
Main Entrance and Reception
· There are several entrances to Chels Barn.
· There are no lifts
· There are no public phones, but mobile reception is available on all networks (although sometimes you have to move around the property to optimise reception)
· Lighting varies by room. Most rooms have central pendants. The kitchen is lit by spotlights.
· All exit routes, including staircases and hallways, have emergency lighting which will come on in the event of a power failure
· The staircase is carpeted and has a handrail.
· There is one ground floor toilet.
· Both hallways are painted white
· The dining room has two doors into it via the hallway and the kitchen
· The floor is travertine stone. The height of the under space of the dining table is 62cm from the floor and the table is 72cm high.
· Chairs (all moveable) the chairs have padded seats and no arms. The chairs are approximately 47cm high
· This is accessed via the hallway; or directly from outside (two doors with weather lips only
· Outside the living room is a gravel pathway and field.
· Flooring is of solid oak and rugs.
· Sofas and easy chairs are provided seating up to 20 guests
· A flat screen TV is provided with remote control as well as DVD player
· A Hifi and CD player are provided
· A domestic washing machine and also a tumble dryer is provided in the kitchen. It is front loading
· An iron and ironing board are provided
· There are six bedrooms at Chels Barn
· Ground Floor 2 x single with ensuite wet room, one triple bedroom (with three single beds)
· First Floor 2 doubles, 1 twin, with 2 ensuite bath or shower rooms
· All upstairs bedrooms are carpeted, the ground floor bedrooms have a solid oak floor with rug
· Non feather duvets and pillows are provided in each room
· Extra blankets and pillows are available
· There is a hanging space or wardrobe, chests of drawers and mirrors in every bedroom
· White bed linen and towels are provided free of charge
· There are 2 wet room bathroom on the ground floor and 2 bath/shower rooms on the first floor
· Further descriptions of the bathrooms can be found in the bedroom section above
· The kitchen has three entrance doors, from the dining room and from the outside and into a small hallway. There are steps up to the outside and to the dining room
· The floor is marble tiles. There is a good colour contrast between floors, and other surfaces
· The fitted units have black granite work surfaces (worktop height is 89cm)
· There is plenty of china, cutlery and glassware for all guests
· A fridge and freezer are provided which can be used to store medication
· The kitchen contains a washer/dryer, a single and double oven and hob, and a microwave and 6 slot Dualitt toaster. There is an electric kettle.
· There is no shop available on site
· The nearest shopping centre is Leek, with four supermarkets, Boots, WH Smith and most other requirements catered for.
· There is a limited mobility scheme see Pre Arrival section
· There is a large gravel patio outside which can be accessed without using steps (via living room)
· There is an acre of field
· BBQ, seating and tables are available
· The house has fire alarms throughout
· There emergency lights on all exit routes and stairwells
· There are fire extinguishers
· There is strictly a no smoking, no fireworks, no night lanterns and no candle policy. You may smoke in the garden. Three are sand pots provided for used cigarette ends
· There are comprehensive information folders provided in the property
· Mobile phone reception is ok
· Please note that the layout may be subject to change and dimensions are approximate
Telephone 01260 226609
Address: Toft Barn, Toft Hall, Heaton, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0SJ
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you do have any comments please phone 01260 226609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively please complete the Forms in the house). Many thanks
Enjoy the beautiful Peak District National Park in the heart of England - so much to see and do!Welcome »
Celebrate splendidly whatever the occasion: birthdays, hen/stag parties, reunions, anniversaries, etcWelcome »
Exclusive use venues for your team at great value prices!Welcome »