Home / Planning Your Visit / All Welcome / Toft Barn Access /
Access Statement for Toft Barn
Toft Barn is a lovely barn conversion. It has a large reception room, a dining room to seat 12 and kitchen and 1 ground floor bedroom and 1 ground floor wet room. Upstairs there are a further 5 bedrooms and 4 bath/shower rooms. There is 1 step down into the living room from the dining room.
· Lots of information is held on partyhouses.co.uk.
· Bookings can be made by calling 01260 226609
· We can offer the use of a Deaf Guard system for guests who are hard of hearing and unlikely to hear the fire alarm system. This is placed under your pillow at might and will vibrate and lights flash should the fire alarms go off. Please let us know before arrival if you wish to borrow the Deaf Guard (free of charge).
· A telescopic ramp can be provided - please book in advance. It is a 7 foot twin ramp, overall width 260mm (each), useable width (internal each) 200mm, load maximum 230 kgs with a 65mm edge. They are made of strong aluminium with a black non slip covering suitable for heavy wheelchairs and scooters. It is your responsibility to ensure that the ramp is suitable for your purposes before use. (Free of charge)
· We can also provide a plastic bathing stool for use in the wet room shower. Again, please let us know before arrival. (Free of charge).
· Hire of additional mobility equipment can be arranged through Moorland Mobility (who will also deliver and collect). Please call Malcolm on 01538 381515 (closed Sundays) or visit moorlandmobility.co.uk. Alternatively the local Red Cross also have some equipment for loan free of charge.
· In Leek there are accessible toilets (on RADAR key schemes) in Silk Street, Leek Bus Station and in the council offices at Moorlands House off Stockwell Street
· There is a Shop Mobility Scheme at The Potteries Shopping Centre in Hanley, Stoke on Trent and also in Macclesfield
· The nearest shops are in Leek (c 7 miles) but Tesco.com and peakdistrictfinefoods.co.uk (local farmers market on wheels) will both deliver
· The nearest train station is Stoke on Trent (London Euston c 1hour 35 minutes)
· There are usually accessible taxis at the station
· Alternatively travel to Macclesfield Station and catch the bus from Macclesfield to Ashbourne which stops in Rushton (c 2 miles)
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
· To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 3.30pm. earlier arrival my be possible by prior arrangement
· There is plenty of free parking outside Toft Barn on the gravel driveway which slopes gently
· Cars can be parked immediately outside the second front door, with plenty of room for access to the vehicle
· There is outside lighting as night which lights up on sensitivity of movement
· There is access to Toft Barn via a door with one step. A car can drive right up to this door.
Main Entrance and Reception
· There are several entrances to Toft Barn.
· The front door has one step down (14cm) and cars can be parked directly outside.
· The downstairs hall floor is of oak from the living room with a step up to the dining room (12 cm)
· The downstairs bedroom has one step 4cm from the outside door
· The door into the kitchen from the outside has two steps inside it at 12 and 13 cm respectively
· There is a door to the rear garden with weatherboard lip of c 2cm after one step up from the living room; beyond this door is a stone path.
· There are no lifts
· There are no public phones, but mobile reception is available on all networks (although sometimes you have to move around the property to optimise reception)
· Lighting varies by room. Most rooms have central pendants. The kitchen and Living room are lit by spotlights.
· All exit routes, including staircases and hallways, have emergency lighting which will come on in the event of a power failure
· The staircase is carpeted and has a handrail. The staircase is 95cm wide..
· There is one ground floor toilet.
· Both hallways are painted white
· The dining room has two doors into it via the hallway (width 74cm), and the kitchen (width 74cm)
· The floor is solid oak. The height of the under space of the dining table is 62cm from the floor and the table is 72cm high.
· Chairs (all moveable) there are 12 chairs with padded seats and no arms. The chairs are 47cm high
· This is accessed via the hallway (door 81cm wide); or directly from outside (two doors with weather lips only and rear door (with 1 steps up to outside).
· Outside the living room is a stone pathway and field.
· Flooring is of solid oak and rugs.
· Sofas and easy chairs are provided seating up to 12 guests
· A flat screen TV is provided with remote control as well as DVD player
· There is an Xbox with controllers and games
· A Hifi and CD player are provided
· A domestic washer/dryer is provided in the kitchen. It is front loading
· An iron and ironing board is provided
· There are six bedrooms at Toft Barn
· Ground Floor 1 twin with ensuite wet room
· First Floor 2 doubles, 2 twin, 1 small twin with 3 ensuite bath or shower rooms and one family bathroom
· All upstairs bedrooms are carpeted, the ground floor bedroom has a solid oak floor with rug
· Non feather duvets and pillows are provided in each room
· Extra blankets and pillows are available
· There is a hanging space or wardrobe, chests of drawers and mirrors in every bedroom
· White bed linen and towels are provided free of charge
Ground Floor Bedroom and Ensuite Wet room
· Twin - door width 77cm. There is a slope down into this bedroom and it has a solid oak floor. There are two single beds; height from floor to top of mattress 60cm. Largest transfer space to the side of bed is 74cm. There is a door to the outside (width 75cm). There is an ensuite wet room with grab rails, shower, toilet and basin height 82cm (door width 74 cm). Fully tiled walls and floor.
First Floor Bedrooms and Bathrooms
· Western End Double - door width 71cm. Carpeted floor. One double bed; height from floor to top of mattress is 60cm. Largest transfer space to side of bed is 1m
· There is an ensuite bathroom with corner bath (height 57cm), toilet and basin (height 83cm) - door width 75cm. Tiled floor.
· A door off hallway leads to a Middle Double Bedroom door width 72cm. Carpeted floor. There is one double bed; the height to the top of mattress is 60cm. The largest transfer space to the side of a bed is 1.3m.
· This bedroom has a ensuite shower room with shower (shower tray height c 24cm), toilet and basin (height 83cm) and door width 58cm. Tiled floor
· Small Twin (door width 71cm). Carpeted floor. There are two single beds at right angles to each other. One has a height of 55cm, the other is accessed by two steps up with a height of 80cm
· This bedroom has an ensuite shower room with a shower tray of c 18cm high and toilet and basin 83cm, door width 74cm. Tiled floor
· Middle Twin. There are two single beds 60cm high. Carpeted floor
· Eastern End Twin. There are two single beds 60cm high. Carpeted Floor.
· These two bedrooms share a bathroom with bath (59cm high), toilet and basin (79cm high), with marble tiled floor. Door width 71cm
· There is 1 bathroom on the ground floor and 4 bath/shower rooms on the first floor
· Further descriptions of the bathrooms can be found in the bedroom section above
· The kitchen has two entrance doors from the dining room (74cm wide) and outside (93cm wide). There are two steps up to the outside (12cm and 13cm respectively) to a stone path.
· The floor is quarry tiles. There is a good colour contrast between walls, floors, and other surfaces
· The fitted units have black granite work surfaces (worktop height is 89cm)
· There is plenty of china, cutlery and glassware for all guests
· A fridge and freezer is provided which can be used to store medication (highest shelf in fridge is 1m24cm and the lowest shelf in freezer is 45cm)
· The kitchen contains a washer/dryer, an oven and hob, and a microwave and 4 slot Dualitt toaster. There is an electric kettle.
· There is no shop available on site
· The nearest shopping centre is Leek, with four supermarkets, Boots, WH Smith and most other requirements catered for.
· There is a limited mobility scheme see Pre Arrival section
· There is a large gravel patio outside which can be accessed without using steps
· There is an acre of field
· BBQ, seating and tables are available
· The house has fire alarms throughout
· There emergency lights on all exit routes and stairwells
· There are fire extinguishers on all landing and in kitchens
· There is strictly a no smoking, no fireworks and no candle policy. You may smoke in the garden. Three are sand pots provided for used cigarette ends
· There are comprehensive information folders provided in the property
· Mobile phone reception is ok
· Please note that the layout may be subject to change and dimensions are approximate
Telephone 01260 226609
Address: Toft Barn, Toft Hall, Heaton, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0SJ
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you do have any comments please phone 01260 226609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively please complete the Forms in the house). Many thanks
Enjoy the beautiful Peak District National Park in the heart of England - so much to see and do!Welcome »
Celebrate splendidly whatever the occasion: birthdays, hen/stag parties, reunions, anniversaries, etcWelcome »
Exclusive use venues for your team at great value prices!Welcome »